Are you facing trouble in log in to your Hotmail account and looking for assistance? Here is a step-by-step guide how you can log in to your Hotmail account when you have created it fresh as well as when you have a login trouble.
Create a fresh Hotmail account and login
Hotmail is the email application of Microsoft and in use widely worldwide. Though Microsoft has replaced Hotmail with Outlook, yet if any user wish to have an account on the Hotmail platform, they can create and use it. However, the link for creating the account of Hotmail platform would go via Outlook only.
- Step 1: So, to open an account on Hotmail, type outlook.com in your browser and press enter button.
- Step 2: You will get here a page that will show you two options ‘Create free account‘ and ‘Sign in’.
- Step 3: As you want to create a new account, you have to Tab on the option ‘Create free account’. This option will take you to the page where you can start the process of creating the account on the Hotmail platform.
- Step 4: When you will click on create free account option you will land on a new page and hear you need to enter the user ID you want to create on Hotmail platform. Be careful while creating the user ID as millions of Hotmail user already has accounts on the platform.
- Step 5: If you will not pick a unique user ID, Hotmail will not allow you to create the account. You can choose user ID or you can also pick the recommended user ID from Hotmail. The drawback of picking the recommended user ID is because it is not related to you; you tend to forget it easily.
Nevertheless, Hotmail suggests user ID according to your entered details. For example, if you want user ID that goes like email@example.com, and if the ID already exists, new Hotmail will recommend IDs like firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and so on.
Note: When you are picking the Hotmail suggested email ID, then note it down in your diary. This will help you to recall it when you will log in to your account.
- Now when you have got your user ID, it is the time to choose the extension. Because you want to create an ID on Hotmail platform, you have to select Hotmail from the drop-down button with the present at the right-hand side of the blank, with the symbol download arrowhead. When you will tap on the arrow button you will get the option Hotmail and Outlook. Click on Hotmail to have the Hotmail extension with your user ID.
- When you have frozen your user ID, it is the time to create the password. The password of email account is very crucial information as it is related to the security of your account. Therefore, create a unique and easy to remember the password. You can take help from the internet to know how to create a good password with a good level of strength. Lots of tips are present there.
- The password should be of eight characters and this will include number and letters both. You can also add special characters in your password to make it stronger. After creating the password, we recommend you that you note it down in your secret diary. This will keep your password safe and even if you forget you can check it from the diary. Nevertheless, it is important that to keep the password as secure as possible, if the Hotmail will be your primary account and you are going to be used it for all your personal and official work. After creating the password, click on the next button.
- When you will click on the next button again, you will be taken to a new page wherein you need to add some information about you, like your name, last name, location, contact number, and alternate email ID.
- The contact number and alternate email ID are important information as this will help you in recovering your account in case it met with an accident.
- After filling all the detail successfully, click on the next button and you will get a welcome notification from Hotmail that your account is ready to use. Meanwhile, you will also be asked to verify your contact detail and your identification. For this Hotmail will ask you to enter the verification code on the screen and this verification code you will receive as a text message on your phone on your email ID. So, if Hotmail asks you to verify you don’t be panic and do the same.
- Now, is the time to log in to your account? Login to your fresh Hotmail account, you need to open the URL www.outlook.com once again. After entering the URL in your browser press the enter button and the same page will open that open at the time when you create the account.
- This time instead of clicking on create an account you have to click on the sign in button. Once you click on the button a new page will open and hear you need to enter your user ID. This is the same user ID which you created just before following the above-mentioned steps. Enter the complete user ID that is with the initial and the extension. And then click on the next button.
- Again a blank will come which will ask you to enter your password. You need to enter the same password you created a few minutes back. If you are unable to recall the password, check your secret diary and enter the password correctly. If you will not enter the correct password, Hotmail with not allow you to access your account.
- Now when you have entered the password, tap on the next button and you will be inside your Hotmail inbox. Start exploring Hotmail world and using it for your personal and official work.
Login Hotmail account when you have trouble
In case you have a trouble in accessing your Hotmail account, there are certain details you can check.
- Check if you are entering the correct user ID with the right extension. For example, if you have created the account on Hotmail platform, the extension of the email should be Hotmail and not Outlook. Check this properly.
- Enter the correct password. It is important to enter correct password when you are login to your account as with the wrong password will not be allowed to access my account.
- Check you have the proper internet connection working with the device you are using to login to your account. Interrupted or bad internet connectivity sometimes leads to such issues.
- Check if your account has not been hacked by a hacker and its password is not changed.
- You have not used your account for a long time. Hotmail and any other email service provider block ID automatically if it is not in use for more than 6 to 8 months. If the user ID is canceled and allotted to someone else, then you will never be able to access your account.
These are the possible reasons why you cannot access your Hotmail account. For all the above-mentioned reason, the solution is to change the password of your account. In case you are entering the details correctly and you are unable to login your account, change the password. Here is a step-by-step guide to change the password of your account.
Step 1: Open the URL www.outlook.com in your browser, and then tap on the option sign in.
Step 2: Enter your user ID in the correct format and then click on the next button.
Step 3: Here you will be asked to enter your password. In case you are unable to login to your account even after entering the correct password, you have forgotten your password, you are not entering the correct password, in all the situation you need to tap on forget password option.
Step 4: Now Hotmail will give you the step by step instructions to create a new password for your account. You may receive password regeneration link either on your email or on your registered phone number. In both the cases, you will get complete instructions from Hotmail and follow that step by step you be able to create a password within a few minutes.
Step 5: While creating a password, be sure that you are creating a password of good strength and easy to remember. Moreover, note down the password at the secret place for that you don’t forget it next time.
Step 6: Once you have created the password, use the same to login to your account. The login process is saying that is you need to enter www.outlook.com in your browser and then click on the sign in button and then follow the instructions.