Want to create an account on the Hotmail platform to manage your work, to get in touch with your friends, to share files and pictures, to schedule your day to day activities. Here is the easy steps guide following which you can make an account on the platform and start using it.
The sign in portal for Hotmail
- Those who are accessing their Hotmail account after a long time, they can type in Hotmail or live.com and would be redirected to the outlook.com address on their web browser.
- Here there is a unified and a single login panel.
- One would be prompted to type in their username first which is the email address of Hotmail.
- Once the email address is keyed in, one would be asked to key in password in the next page.
- Here there are alternatives provided such as the access code feature which Microsoft has created to make the login process secure and override having to type in the password manually.
- For those who login using their password, it is important that the case sensitive feature is considered.
- Once the password is keyed in correctly, one can choose to save the password using the option provided in the check box below.
The above steps ensure that sign in to Hotmail account is both convenient and secure. For those who would be logging into their Hotmail account regularly through a dedicated computer or laptop can choose to stay logged in. Security measures are made to ensure that an account cannot be hacked in easily. The revised security settings such as the access code option and the two step verification feature are also present for users to safeguard their email account further.
There are certain changes that have come by in the sign in process of Hotmail as compared to what existed previously. The Hotmail domain does not have a separate existence and it merges with outlook.com. The common login panel provided by Microsoft is for all account services. Hence, for those logging into their Hotmail domain, they need to use the same login panel as is used by Outlook users. Another change that has come by in the sign in process of Hotmail is the need to type in the full email address in the username bar.
Create/set up the Hotmail account on iPhone
Hotmail is the old email application of Microsoft and it has discontinued this service. But, if someone wants to make email Id on the platform, then the users have to create the account on the desktop or laptop using the website of Outlook. The Outlook mobile application does not allow users to create the account on Hotmail. So, to create and set up a fresh Hotmail account in iPhone, create the account on the computer and then set up the same in your iPhone. Here is the quick guide to open account on Hotmail platform.
Step 1: Open the website of Outlook using the URL www.outlook.com. Once you will tap on the URL, a new page will open with two active buttons “Create account” and “Sign in”. Click on the option ‘Create account’ to make a fresh account in Hotmail. Once you will click on the option create an account, a new page will open.
Step 2: Here you will be asked to enter your email address. Type the Email address that you wish to create. In case you are unable to create a unique email address, what will give you some suggestions doing the same. You can pick the email address of your choice. Now, tap on the option to select the email ID that you want to create. Additionally, note down the created email Id at somewhere. This will help you to recall it when you will sign-in to your account.
Select the option Hotmail from the drop down button present in-front of the blank. You will find two options here, Hotmail and outlook. The option Hotmail is for Hotmail email account.
Step 3: After creating the user ID click on the next button to create the password of the account. Remember that the password of the account should remain unique and hard to be guessed. Password is a crucial information and you should never share it with anyone as it may cause serious damage to you.
You can take some tips from the internet to create a good password for your account. Nevertheless, some of the tips are:
- Do not keep your date of birth as your password.
- Don’t keep your anniversary date as your password.
- Your pet name, spouse name, the first letters of proverb that you like should not be your password.
- Use numbers and special characters to create a difficult password.
Step 4: Once the password is created click on the next button to enter the further details. When you will click on the next button, Hotmail will ask you to enter your name, last name, your date of birth. For date of birth, there is a drop down button present, which you need to use to enter right details in the correct format. Click on the next button to enter details like your location and recovery details.
The account recovery details include your active phone number and the alternate email Id. Both the information is important and this will help you in the recovery of your account in the situation when you lose its access.
Step 5: You will be asked to enter to enter a verification code in the blank present on the screen to verify your contact details. The verification code you receive on your phone as a text message.
Step 6: Click on the next button once the step is done and then you will receive a notification from Hotmail that your account is ready to use.
To access the Hotmail account on the iPhone, you can setup this account on your phone. Here is the step guide for the same.
- To create an account on Hotmail platform, you need to open Outlook. Either you want to create an account on Hotmail or Outlook, the process is the same. Nevertheless, here we are guiding you how to create an account on the Hotmail platform without help. So, to create the account, open your phone and go the setting page and then hover the option ‘Accounts and password’. After that select the option ‘Add account’.
- When you will tap on the option, ‘Add account’, a screen will open with options. These options are of the different mailing platform that your phone support and you can create the account on. You will get options like AO, ThuderBird, Google, Outlook, etc. The option other is also present to search the email platform, which is not in the option.
- Select the option Outlook and start the process of creating accounts on Hotmail. Either you want to create accounts on Hotmail, Outlook, MSN, Live or any other emailing platform of Microsoft the process will remain the same. The reason for the same is, Microsoft has merged all its emails and created the new platform Outlook. Yet, users who want to create accounts on different platforms have the option of doing so.
- Once you will click on the option Outlook, a login page will appear where you need to enter your details. First enter your email ID with Hotmail extension. And then click on the next button.
- Now, enter the password of your account. It is good that you note down the password while you are creating the password. We usually tend to forget new passwords. Once you have memorized it, you can remove it from the place, where you have noted it down. It is also recommended that you change your account password at a regular interval of time. This will keep your password safe and protect the account from hacking.
- After entering the password correctly in the blank, enter the other details as instructed by Hotmail.
- Once your account is verified, the iPhone will give you a list of information with buttons to activate and deactivate. If you wish to share certain part of information with Hotmail on your phone you can turn that option on. The green color shows that option is active.
- Once the account is set up on your phone, Hotmail will ask you to synch data. It will give you options of 1 week to 1 month. And the option means, you can sync data of one week to one month in your phone. There is an option no limit also presents in the phone; you can choose this option as choosing this option will make all your email visible in your iPhone.
- For other setting options you can select the manual setting option and this way you do not have to enter any data, unless there is some special requirement.
After a few minutes, your Hotmail account will get synced with your iPhone and will become ready to use.
There are some important points present that you need to know while syncing your data and using it.
- If you will change the password of your Hotmail account on your phone, it will get changed on your phone as well as, and without updating the password you would not be able to access your account.
- While synching the data in your phone, it is important that you have a good internet connection on your device or this will lead to failed attempts.
Similar to iPhone, you can sync your Hotmail email account with your Android device as well. The android phones also give the same options to add the account.
Create the Hotmail account on Android
- Step 1: Open your Android device and go to the setting page.
- Step 2: Navigate the option “account and password” click on that and after that click on option ‘Add account’.
- Step 3: Once you will click on option ‘Add account’, the option will come on the screen. Click on Outlook option to setup Hotmail in Outlook.
- Step 4: In the next step, enter our email address, the complete email address and then password and click on the next button.
- Step 5: The device will give you the option to sync details in your phone. Follow the steps mentioned in how to set up the Hotmail account in iPhone doing the same.
So, this is the easy and simple way to sync the Hotmail account in iPhone and Android phone. Though, by following these steps you will not have any issues, yet if any trouble comes, then check the detail you are entering whether it is correct or not.
Also check if you have a proper internet connection working while you are doing this task. The Hotmail is the mailing application of Microsoft and it requires internet connection to work. Interruption in connection, could lead to various types of login issues.